[Gambas-user] help with inherits using serial port

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 17:25:38 CEST 2018

On 08/01/2018 01:21 PM, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
>     next issue that I can spot is that you declare the event name "SComm" but
>     don't use it at all to intercept events. No wonder you don't get any.
>
> *please that parti, i need more clear ideas of them, but the english language are a barrier
> *
> *a kind of more "example for dummies" can be in that point?*

There is a simple example at http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/open:

[code]
' Watching a serial port

Dim hFile As File

hFile = Open "/dev/ttyS0" For Read Write Watch

Public Sub File_Read()

  Dim iByte As Byte

  Read #hFile, iByte
  Print "Got one byte: "; iByte

End
[/code]

It does not give the hFile object a custom name as you do with: SComm = New SerialPort As "SComm"

So, event management uses "File" as its name, and its Read event is handled with the File_Read() subroutine.

See also: http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/eventdecl

___
Lee