[Gambas-user] xmlreader Gambas 3.10.0 test project link included

Shannon Kuchler shannon at inflecto.org
Sun Apr 8 21:54:44 CEST 2018

adding reader.Close() gets it past a xml file that has comments that helps but of course it won't read the file with commentsif you remove the first comment at the begging of the dona.xml you will see what i mean. It will read the dona.xml until it run into a comment thenreader.Eof = true and it stops reading the file. That's where I'm stuck.

I was unable to get Valmar.xml to read properly until I used XmlReader.Close() if XmlReader.Eof:
  Try Print reader.Read()
  If reader.Eof Then
    reader.Close()
    Break
  Endif

Also, the Print reader.Read() for dona.xml yields only:
1
7

which is quite different than for the other xml files.

What the integer returned from XmlReader.Read signifies, I have no clue because the documentation does not say.

--
Lee

On 04/03/2018 04:23 PM, Shannon Kuchler wrote:
> I hope this is better. The link is to a test project that includes 5 example xml files only one the dona.xml has comments
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/scnvmwhtdnr1dbh/Xml_Test-0.0.1.tar.gz?dl=0

Search the list:
https://lists.gambas-basic.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi

Hosted by https://www.hostsharing.net