[Gambas-user] Fwd: [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1179: Inherited properties whose name begins with underscore

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 23 15:18:12 CEST 2017

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1179: Inherited properties whose name begins with underscore
Date : Sat, 23 Sep 2017 13:14:35 GMT
De : bugtracker at ...3416...
Pour : mourad.reggadi at ...626..., g4mba5 at ...626...

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1179&from=L21haW4-

Comment #6 by Benoît MINISINI:

Ha ha. Actually the bug is that the method is not visible, not that the property is.

I didn't want to hide symbols beginning with underscore if they are in the same project, because it is the way I wanted to implement a concept like "friend methods" (or properties) of C++, but at the project level: public symbols that should only be used inside their source project, but not from the outside.

They are still public, because, for performance reasons, there is nothing inside the interpreter between fully public and fully private. The underscore thing is just a convention.

I guess you don't want to see these methods/properties because you want them visible only to the class and its children (as friend methods in C++ really are). Am I right?