[Gambas-user] config -C is not finding some files installed on my system

Doug Hutcheson owlbrudder at ...626...
Mon Sep 18 03:07:33 CEST 2017

I am trying to compile Gambas downloaded from Git the other day and
config is failing to find files that exist on my system, causing a
number of modules to be disabled.
For example, the output of config includes these lines:--------------
-------checking for gb.gsl component with pkg-config... noconfigure:
WARNING: Unable to met pkg-config requirement: gslchecking for gb.gsl
headers... ./configure: line 18086: gsl-config: command not
foundnoconfigure: WARNING: Unable to find file:
gsl/gsl_cblas.hconfigure: WARNING: Unable to find file:
gsl/gsl_math.hchecking for gb.gsl libraries... ./configure: line 18234:
gsl-config: command not foundnoconfigure: WARNING: Unable to find file:
libgslcblas.soconfigure: WARNING: Unable to find file:
libgsl.soconfigure: WARNING: gb.gsl is disabled----------------------

Yet all the files mentioned do exist;
---------------------
$ locate gb.gsl