[Gambas-user] Fwd: [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1089: Spinbox and sliderbox do not show integer according to set System.Language in gb.qt5

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 16 18:40:55 CEST 2017

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1089: Spinbox and sliderbox do not show integer according to set System.Language in gb.qt5
Date : Sat, 16 Sep 2017 16:40:14 GMT
De : bugtracker at ...3416...
Pour : isafiur at ...626..., g4mba5 at ...626...

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1089&from=L21haW4-

Comment #7 by Benoît MINISINI:

It's not a bug, it's a problem of QT logic. QT5 assumes that, as a SpinBox always displays digits, then it should uses the digits of the current language, whereas QT4 always used arabic digits. But then, they broke the compatibility.

I don't know if it is a big deal, because you didn't explain me if you expected arabic digits or not, i.e. if you find normal that the program does not display the digits of your language.

Internationalization behaviour of libraries are not always correct. For example, the french date format provided by the GNU C library is not the date format that french people use! So I don't know if the nepali behaviour of QT5 is correct. You must tell me. :-)