[Gambas-user] Fwd: [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1167: Selecting Gambas Highlighting Changes text in gb.form.editor

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 9 09:41:50 CEST 2017

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1167: Selecting Gambas Highlighting Changes text in gb.form.editor
Date : Sat, 09 Sep 2017 00:10:17 GMT
De : bugtracker at ...3416...
Pour : tmorehen at ...3634..., g4mba5 at ...626...

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1167&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by Tony MOREHEN:

But if you are using the text editor component in a generic text editor and just want it to highlight code, this behaviour is unexpected and unwanted.  This came up when I was trying to edit Gambas form files when I had problems opening older projects.  The change caused the edited file to give a bad form error.

This means that you cannot use the text editor component with Gambas highlighting in a generic text editor.  Do any of the other highlight options change the text?  If so, I'll have to remove highlighting from my editor.

At the very least, you should add a warning to the doc's that highlighting can change the text of your file.