[Gambas-user] Fwd: [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1161: Class Editor is Locked

Fernando Cabral fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Tue Sep 5 15:52:08 CEST 2017

Tony Morehen wrote:

The fact that Gambas runs properly from a vm strongly suggests that the
> problem is not Gambas, but is the system environment that Gambas is running
> in.

Agreed. But so far, this understanding has not helped me to find a solution.

What directory is your project located?  Have you tried copying the project
> to your home directory?
>
> It is on my home directory (everything is under
/home/fernando/Dropbox/Gambas/*"). Directory Dropbox is a local directory
that is replicated by Dropbox so I have a copy available in other machines
that respect the same structure).

In the vm, is Gambas loading the project directly from the original
> directory or from a copy in the vm.

Yes. In the VM Gambas works with the same files directly. The
above-mentioned directory is mounted on the VM so Gambas sees them as local
files (local to the VM).

Does your system enable extended ACLs?  Are you running AppArmor or
> SELinux?  What about in the vm?

Not running AppArmor or SELinux. Extended ACLs not enabled.

OS running on the physical machine is precisely the same that runs on the
virtual machine. I install them both from the same source and give them the
same configuration. For instance, now I am running Linux Mint 18.2 on the
metal and, under VirtualBox I have the same Linux Mint 18.2 (technically it
is not a clone, but it looks a lot like it).

Regards

- fernando

> Fernando,
>
> The fact that Gambas runs properly from a vm strongly suggests that the
> problem is not Gambas, but is the system environment that Gambas is running
> in.
>
> What directory is your project located?  Have you tried copying the
> project to your home directory?  In the vm, is Gambas loading the project
> directly from the original directory or from a copy in the vm.
>
> Does your system enable extended ACLs?  Are you running AppArmor or
> SELinux?  What about in the vm?
>

> On 2017-09-05 08:55 AM, Fernando Cabral wrote:
>
>> Benoît, I don't know which input method I am using and I don't know how to
>> find it.
>> Nevertheless, I know for sure it is the standard method for Linux Mint,
>> whichever it is.
>> I've never tinkered with it. Also, IDE used to work. All of sudden, it
>> stopped working.
>> I had changed nothing between the working stage and the non-working stage.
>> Besides, when I install the virtual machines, I use the default input
>> method (whichever it is).
>>
>> Perhaps you can provide me with a command to find out what input method I
>> am using.
>> The nearest I got to it was by looking into the files at /etc/X11/xinit.
>> Basically, either they are empty or say "default".
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> - fernando

>> gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net>:

Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fjcabral
e-mail: fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Facebook: f at ...3654...
Telegram: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Wickr ID: fernandocabral
WhatsApp: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Skype:  fernandojosecabral
Telefone fixo: +55 (37) 3521-2183
Telefone celular: +55 (37) 99988-8868

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.