[Gambas-user] Gambas 3.10 on Linux CentOS 6.9

Tobias Boege taboege at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 13:44:26 CEST 2017

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017, Cristiano Calligaro wrote:
>                 Dear All,
>

>                 I have some problems in compiling Gambas 3.10.0 on a Linux
> CentOS 6.9 (64 bit). Shall I try another release < 3.10.0?
>
>                 The main problem si represented by SDL2 which seems to be
> available on CentOS 7 only.

SDL2 was added in Gambas 3.7.0 from March 2015. I don't think you want to go
back further than that. If you don't intend to use SDL2, it's no problem if
you can't compile the SDL2 component. It is an optional library and shouldn't
stop you from compiling Gambas.

If it says at the end of ./configure that gb.sdl2 is disabled, just ignore
that and proceed with "make". If, on the other hand, there is an error, we
need the output of the configure script as described here:

  http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/report#t3

Regards,
Tobi