[Gambas-user] SMTP values - huh?

mikeB mb at code-it.com
Wed Nov 22 23:07:56 CET 2017

eGreetings Gambas Group,
When using the "gb.net.smtp" component to send email =
there is a value ".Authentication" - it is defined as integer?

huh? After hours of searching I have not been able to find what
integer to used to dictate what purpose.
(ie have used .Authentication = 0, .Authentication = 1,
.Authentication = 2, .Authentication = 3, no .Authentication statement
at all included...).

Nothing changes anything - at lease with my host email server. All
emails are transferred with no error. Anyone know what "Authentication"
values mean or do I even need to worry about this (but I've seen
some email clients that do require "Authentication" so when trying to
share the Gambas source code - I need to give the end user all server
options needed.

Thanks a lot or any/ all feedback and greatly appreciate your time,
mikeB