[Gambas-user] Installing Gambas on Suse

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Fri Nov 3 12:33:40 CET 2017

During the last weeks, I have been installing new Suse Leap 42.3 systems
a few times.

At first, I wondered why sometimes some of the Gambas parts were
missing, sometimes not. I found that when I install via Yast, you must
click on the first element ("Gambas3") and then scroll down the list all
down to the bottom to click on the graphical part. Only that will
activate all the elements in between. And then you have to click on the
last one too if you want to have the Scripter.

On the one hand, I have seen this before with other programs in Yast,
sometimes it is hard to decide what is important to be installed, and
there is no way to say "All the important stuff".

On the other hand, I would expect a lot of newcomers to Gambas going the
way over the Yast install function, so this is my idea for the
maintainers of the Suse repo. Maybe it is possible to ease this a bit by
adding a "Complete install" choice at the beginning of the list which
will add all parts automagically.

Regards
Rolf