[Gambas-user] result from select can be movefirts from ODBC?

Thu May 18 16:59:39 CEST 2017

> If your complaint is due to the fact that the only native implementation

for Gambas is the Mysql one, you have to understand that Mysql (usually in
> the form of MariaDB) is available on all linux distributions and it is
> free.
> One other free DBMS available for all linuxes is Postgresql, but this is
> not even nearly as widely used as Mysql. I would not be very surprised if,
> in fact, the great majority of Gambas developers were using Mysql. What's
> wrong with that?

u miscunderstand the problem.. there's poor information about how to deal
with specific problems due are too many "famous commonly used"
implementations, i mean too many mysql+gambas combination and poor or less
odbc+gambas projects or odbc poor interes or support by the community

i mean, people here limit teir contributions.. i made important
contributions here, but not usefully for common use, by example everyone
used mysql.. so there's no interes!
many countries does not have enought resources to spend in solutions like
DB2 (very expensive) and b y the way i'm also a DB2 JEE senior.. and here a
manpower like hta are very expensive.. so jobs are very limited...

First of all, let me tell you that a big effort is needed to read you
> messages, because of your poor english and your writing style. I'm sorry if
> I'm a bit blunt, but please... a little effort from you would be very
> appreciated.

u have right, its due i not have enought time! implementing linux solutions
in a guindows only word its very hard.. and there's no commonly used
solutions.. time its required! and i confess, i really hate the english!

> Anyway, if your native language is spanish I would appreciate if, when
> speaking to me, you could add the spanish translation of your sentences...
> it would help me understand better. I am italian but I know spanish quite
> well.

i used older browser, and now google make mandatory "newer" browsers,
understand that not all the world have enough money to constant updates of
hardware due software requires every day more hardware! yeah its sad for me
and some others that not have internet to answer this quiestion like me!

> Finally, a word about your "counting" problem. You never show the query you
> need to do on your DBMS, but if you need a record count why don't you
> simply issue a "SELECT COUNT(*) ..." on the db? Iterating over all the
> records just to get a count doesn't seem like the best move... unless you
> also need to do something on each record, obviously. Or am I missing
> something?

i cannot do SELECT COUNT and the select its a dinamyc example that table
only exist by 20 minutes.. and if u ask about why: must be a table, must
not be temporally, must no be a file, must not be partitioned in sybhase,
must be simple to consult (i mean a simple select) and must be understand
by novices, due money