[Gambas-user] Keyboard locked -- insisting one more time

Fernando Cabral fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Sat May 13 15:56:29 CEST 2017

Using IDE I can't edit my source code. It seems locked up. To no avail, I
have followed every hint I' ve received from you guys. I've done more. I
have uninstalled the whole gambas package. I have even searched every file
using find and locate so as not to leave any remains behind. I compressed
and save source code and moved all of them to a different directory.

After that, I installed gambas3. The First time, I used apt-get and got an
older version. It did not work. I uninstalled and proceeded to full removal
again.
Then installed one more time using PPA. Again, it dis not work.

I even tried using a virtual keyboard (Florence). Same problem.

I am at a complete lost. I have no idea where else, or what else to look
for.

Will someone be kind enough to tell me what the IDE looks for to decide if
the source code is locked or not for edition?

One more note: I can use cut, copy and paste. Everything that can be done
with a mouse click works, but the keys used for editing are all locked
(arrows, character, pgdn, pgup, etc.)

I've created a virtual machine with the same environment (linux mint 18.1).
There I can install gambas and change my source code.

Any hints, no matter how crazy, will be much appreciated. I have already
lost a bunch of hours trying to figure this out, but have made no progress
so far.

Regards

- fernando

--
Fernando Cabral
Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.