[Gambas-user] solved compatibility when gambas unable to connect svn if upgrade subversion to lasted

Wed Mar 29 03:48:00 CEST 2017

Subversion 1.8.0 has switched from neon to serf for HTTP access. The
Serf-based HTTP access library would use chunked transfer encoding for most
requests.
BAsically i test a new linux and lasted gambas agains my older but faster
powered debian lenny and subversion server (older too)..

found two problems when retrieved the checkout project with gabmas:
CASE 1: 411 Length required:POST of '/svn/project1/!svn/me': 411 Length
Required
CASE 2: 413 Request entity too large: Unexpected HTTP status 413 'Request
Entity Too Large'

Quick solution was a simple option to added to our local user config file:
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com/2017/03/gambasrapidsvnsubversion-avoit-413.html
the article also explain more fine tune for servers and clients, but here
i'll resume what we do:

A "http-chunked-requests" option has been added to the
~/.subversion/servers per user configuration file. Users who wish to avoid
the additional request (solving the problem) may set that option to "no" in
order to short-circuit the additional request and avoid those problems of
compatibility.

When using clients version 1.8/1.9, agains olders servers 1.7/1.6/1.5
versions, you must set this to "no" in order to avoid the described
problems. No problem if use already again newer servers too.

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com