[Gambas-user] Time, date & Settings

Mon Mar 27 02:11:21 CEST 2017

Hi!
I'm trying to figure way to handle time & date correctly, ignoring timezone
and "daylight saving" adjustments. I can't get things work nicely with
settings component as it does not save&load the value in universal format.
Example if you write settings in English and open them in Finnish, you will
get silent error:

Print Settings[sPath &/ "Date&Time", Null]
03/27/2017 12:00:00  <--- this is correct time

Print Val(Settings[sPath &/ "Date&Time", Null])
This returns nothing, not even error.

Print CDate(Settings[sPath &/ "Date&Time", Null])
27.03.2017 09.00.00  <--- this is incorrect time

This is from the GAlarm project and I want to ignore timezones etc, because
I want the alarms go off accordingly to the computer clock. IE alarm set to
go off at 12:00 should go off, if computer clock shows 12:00. Not at 09:00,
because I cannot know what timezone the user meant, so I always assume
local.

Do I have to write seconds, minutes, hours, etc separately in the settings
or could this be fixed somehow..?

Jussi