[Gambas-user] sourceforge , git and gitlab, time to switch to gitlab

Wed Mar 15 17:40:58 CET 2017

> Git doesn't actually manage users itself : for each commit, it only records
> a full name and an email, both of which are purely indicative.

that's right, so better right?

> Therefore, it is not a problem at all that non-existent authors are
> mentioned
> in commits (as they don't actually exist anywhere anyway).

that's correct so migrate will be more easy rather than imaginate, we only
ned its to map users, or developers must preserve the users login..

> When using git-svn[0] to import the SVN repository, you can also give an
> authors file, which binds the SVN usernames to full names and emails,
> hence fixing this problem, making everything nice and clean. :)

thst's was i cited in the previous two eamils..

THE REAL PROBLEM ITS THE ISSUE HISTORY, here there's not map tools..

BUT taking in consideration that bugtraker now are independient (gambas
made technology) we nver hasn a bug repository history map..

so inconclusion migrate the gambas repository to git no has any real
problem right now!

as said in firts mail of this threat, the only choose its where? in
gitlab, *due
provide more eye-friendly tools and its pure and complety GPL-friend.!*