[Gambas-user] Playing ".swf" files- can play OK in browser but will not open with webviewer in gambas on one PC but works OK on another!

Phil D phil_d_uk at ...67...
Mon Jun 26 18:23:11 CEST 2017

Hi!

Im making a user interface, and have a flash animation in part of it.

I am developing the code on 2 computers: one is a slimmed down PC which will run the interface in the end, this is running linux mint 18. The other<http://aka.ms/weboutlook> other is a windows PC running Gambas OS2 under oracle VM virtualbox. (Both running Gambas 3.7.1)

I have the gambas code working nicely on the windows computer, and the swf animation file loads into the webviewer and plays without problems. On the other computer however the code runs without error, but the animation does not show. The computer will open swf files fine, but it seems like gambas is not able to open it.

Is there some way to tell gambas how to open these files, some way of fixing an association?

(My linux skills are a little limited so please dont spare the detail!)

Many thanks,

Phil