[Gambas-user] error in creating install pakage

mikeB mb at ...3664...
Mon Jun 12 04:52:29 CEST 2017

eGreetings,

Just switched over to Linux from MS and choose Gambas to start
programming for Linux. - i've programmed Windows software for a long
time now - I really appreciate the fact that Gambas was developed and
thanks to the folks that make it happen. There seems to be some learning
curve but "it's almost BASIC". GOOD JOB!

Running Linux Mint "Serena" Mate 64-bit: Gambas 3.8.4

A make of an executable does work as expected.

"Trying to generate an "installment pkg" (within Gambas) for my first
application  = I received the following Error: The package build has
failed.

CREATING PACKAGE FOR UBUNTU / KUBUNTU / MINT....

Making build directory.
Creating desktop file...
Sources are being debianizated.
Creating package...
cd '/home/mikeb/codeit-master2chapters-1.2.2'
dpkg-buildpackage -d -rfakeroot -uc -us
dpkg-buildpackage: source package codeit-master2chapters
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 1.2.2-0ubuntu1
dpkg-buildpackage: source distribution unstable
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by mikeb <mb at ...3665...>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
  dpkg-source --before-build codeit-master2chapters-1.2.2
dpkg-source: error: syntax error in
codeit-master2chapters-1.2.2/debian/control at line 12: line with
unknown format (not field-colon-value)
dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source --before-build
codeit-master2chapters-1.2.2 gave error exit status 25
The package build has failed.
Package.MakeDebPackage.1014: 'dpkg-buildpackage' has failed.

I then I tryed making an "RPM" for SUSE and that went OKAY all though I
have not tested it.

Any clue what went wrong and/ or how can I attempt to fix the problem?

Thanks, mikeB code-it.com