[Gambas-user] How can I force linux mint to upgrade gambas3 to the last update?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Jun 11 19:04:11 CEST 2017

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017, Fernando Cabral wrote:
> Tobi
>
> Excuse both my ignorance and poor communication ability. I prefer using the
> latest stable version, which I expect be the case when I resort to the PPA
> I am presently using. Now, I was not aware that those revisions are still
> considered unstable. So, I expected (wrongly, I see) that they would be
> incorporated into the stable version.
>
> So, I will stay with the stable version and wait until the changes are made
> available for general use. Meanwhile, I'll keep using the workaround for
> the keyboard locking issue.

Ok, but just a quick remark. "Unstable" is an unclear term. I, for one,
always run an unstable version of Gambas (compiled from source) and usually
have no problems. But once in a while it happens that something is broken
in the development version because of a change that was not fully thought
through; or you install a revision in the middle of someone making a bunch
of commits, before he is done with all his changes, and Gambas doesn't even
compile completely.

If you want to test a bug fix (or go on bug hunt yourself), you have to use
the unstable version, because the stable version is supposed(TM) to not have
bugs but to have confirmed bug fixes. Unstable usually isn't as bad as it
sounds.

Regards,
Tobi