[Gambas-user] Gambas-Documentation

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Wed Jun 7 02:40:08 CEST 2017

I think one of the things that is hard about doing something about the documentation is that there does not appear to be any simple way to collaborate on it.  For example, stirred up a bit by this thread, I started having a go at some of the wiki "ToDo" list, specifically the gb.desktop component.  I had added some descriptive and example content for much of the DesktopFile class then hit this snag....

What is the "Size" parameter in GetIcon(Size As Integer)?

Where is a convenient place to talk about that question? I don't think it really belongs in the mailing list as it may take a reasonable time before someone with that knowledge notices the post and answers it. In the mean time the post just drifts farther and farther down the time line.  I don't think that adding content to the page concerned would work either, as the person with the knowledge is not likely to be referring to the page in the course of their normal day.

And while I'm at it - how do you add an image to a wiki page? Like the http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/makereport/arrange.png?  in the "How to to make a report with Gambas" page.  Note, I mean how do I upload the .png files I want to put in a page, not how to reference it in the markup ( i.e. I know "[doc/myhowto/blah.png]" ).

cheers

B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>