[Gambas-user] about lang/like string ? and depends

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Jul 30 20:20:27 CEST 2017

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/like
>
> since witch version are available? its available for gambas 3.1?

Since forever and ever. I found the function in Gambas 1.9.44 which is the
oldest tag in the svn history, over 10 years ago, and its implementation
/basically/ hasn't changed since then.

> depends of the pcre/ gb.pcre module? or not? i mean canuse same regular
> expressions as PCRE? (i know LIKE  its only to deal with ASCII strings)

It doesn't. The LIKE syntax is vastly less powerful and different from
the pcre syntax. The page you linked even tells you the syntax of LIKE
expressions. You can see for yourself that they are incompatible with pcre.

Regards,
Tobi