[Gambas-user] Isn't bracket regular expression compatible with UTF8?

Fernando Cabral fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Wed Jul 5 03:16:32 CEST 2017

I have been trying something like *poder[^[:alpha:]*  so I  could find the
word "poder " ("poder" followed by an space) but not "poderão" ("ã" being
an alpha character in Portuguese.)

In English it could be like finding "power" but not "powerless".

Problem is that it seems [^[alpha]] includes accented characters like "á",
"é", "ã".

That is, accented characters are not understood as alpha, but not alpha.

Please, note that I have compiled it with the UTF8 flag:
*   re.Compile(poder[^[:alpha]], RegExp.utf8)*

Any hints?

- fernando
--
Fernando Cabral

Blogue: http://fernandocabral.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fjcabral
e-mail: fernandojosecabral at ...626...
Facebook: f at ...3654...
Telegram: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Wickr ID: fernandocabral
WhatsApp: +55 (37) 99988-8868
Skype:  fernandojosecabral
Telefone fixo: +55 (37) 3521-2183
Telefone celular: +55 (37) 99988-8868

Enquanto houver no mundo uma só pessoa sem casa ou sem alimentos,
nenhum político ou cientista poderá se gabar de nada.