[Gambas-user] How to get started with WebView

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at ...3629...
Tue Jan 24 11:24:42 CET 2017

Am 24.01.2017 10:36, schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Le 24/01/2017 à 10:11, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :

>>> Are you using gb.web or gb.web.form?
>>>
>>> If you use gb.web only:
>>>
>>> Remove the Main.webpage, and make your own webpage the startup form.
>>>
>>> If you have several forms, and want to decide which one to show, you
>>> have to create a startup module (or class), and from the Main()
>>> function, you have to analyze the Request object, and decide which form
>>> to show by calling the Render() method of the form. The Render() method
>>> will use the Response class to send back to the browser the page contents.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>

>> Thank you for the tip with the startup form. I made Webform1.webform the
>> startup form, now I get a response with the webform. But I haven't tried
>> Render() and Response class yet, just played around a bit with a button,
>> text area and label.
>
> You are confused. I said "if you use gb.web only".

Ah ok.

> Response and Request are the low-level class of the gb.web component.
>
> If you make a 'gb.web.form' application, you have less use of them, are
> most of the things are managed directly by the gb.web.form component.

Now I got it. When I make a gb.web.form application, I just mark one of
the forms as startup class (as I did) and add all control code for the
application there, just as I would do with a normal GUI application, right?

>> Whenever I start, I get two errors in the konsole window:
>>
>> gb.httpd: bind 0.0.0.0 - Address already in use
>> gbx3: warning: cannot switch to language 'de.UTF-8': No such file or
>> directory. Did you install the corresponding locale packages?
>>
>> Anything to worry about?
>
> The first message is not important. I didn't take the time to see why
> the 'gb.httpd' component always display it.
>
> The second message means that your web browser has requested the german
> language, and that the german localization is not installed on your system.
>
> Regards,

Ok, when I press Start, Konqueror comes up, and usually I don't use that
browser. So maybe there's something wrong with it, but for the time
being I can live with it.

Regards
Rolf