[Gambas-user] variable in WebForm not remember

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jan 15 22:54:35 CET 2017

Le 15/01/2017 à 18:31, מיוסט שרון a écrit :
> hello
>
> I have WebForm1
> I put on the WebForm1 two controls of WebButton1 WebButton2
> I have a variable of type String named my_A
> I would like when I press the WebButton1 the my_A = "sharon" and when I click on
> WebButton2 I want to get the value found in my_A
>

> The problem that when I click on WebButton2
> The value of the variable my_A is empty ""
>
> It's what's inside that WebForm1.class
>
> ' Gambas class file
>
> Export
> Private my_A As String
>
> Public Sub WebButton1_Click()
>
>   my_A = "sharon"
>
> End
>
> Public Sub WebButton2_Click()
>
>   WebButton2.Text = my_A
>
> End

Yes, this is the main difference between a "normal" application (one
process that runs continuously) and a "webform" application (one process
by request).

With a web application, the only way to keep things persistent is using
the Session object.

With a WebForm, you can store permanent things by using it like an
array, which use internally the Session object of course.

So you can write:

Export

Public Sub WebButton1_Click()

   Me["my_A"] = "sharon"

End

Public Sub WebButton2_Click()

   WebButton2.Text = Me["my_A"]

End

So, never forget that your application is a web application that is not
persistent between two events (the request is mostly the full handling
of one event coming from the web browser. The response is the refresh of
the web browser contents).

Benoît Minisini