[Gambas-user] Configure real httpd for gb.web.form

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Thu Feb 16 03:20:03 CET 2017

Hi list,

has anyone here ever set up a real HTTP server for running gb.web.form
applications? I've decided to use nginx and setting up https there was
easy enough (https being the the reason why I can't use gb.httpd).
Normal Gambas CGI, i.e. a Gambas script with gb.web, also works fine.

But I have no idea about gb.web.form. I read around in the gb.httpd
source code and kind of get its control flow but I'm none the wiser
about how to set up an external HTTP server to work with this component.
In particular I would run the .gambas executable archive on every request,
which, I presume, involves rewriting the request URL, i.e.

  /my/project.gambas/x

should be redirected to

  /my/project.gambas

while setting Request.Path to "/x".

I'm not sure if any other information about my setup is useful here.
I think I succeeded in redirecting all requests to my program and by
setting PATH_INFO from the original request URL, I get a meaningful
Request.Path in Gambas.  The result being that the skeleton HTML of my
page is shown but it's not responsive at all (and it appears to be the
wrong page, i.e. the wrong Webform.Startup, indicating that probably
Session management doesn't work). It also seems like the browser is not
able to communicate with gb.web.form.

Instead of trying to debug my setup which looks completely wrong, my
question would be if someone has a working configuration for this type
of project for any HTTP server (that isn't gb.httpd) -- in the hope
that I can go from there to nginx.

Regards,
Tobi