[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1078: X11 Systray behaves strangely under GTK or QT5

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Wed Feb 15 04:17:58 CET 2017

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1078&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by Tony MOREHEN:

I've put together a little project and have some new findings.

In the little project, I changed the systray component from a drawing area to a panel.  Now GTK2 works properly.  In the original project, a similar change also works.  However, other parts of the original now fail, even though they worked under QT4.

QT5 still fails with those error messages.
GTK3 also still has issues but I misinterpreted what I saw earlier.  Now it seems that the GTK icons are positioned realtive to the project's main form and appropriately have a transparent background.