[Gambas-user] Sort multidimensional array?

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at ...3629...
Tue Feb 7 10:55:01 CET 2017

Hi Matti,

I don't find your method so dirty - I have used it a lot of times
myself. And I use it in table-like arrays with more than 2 columns, all
as strings.

However, I use a character which does not appear in normal strings, like
TAB (chr$(9)) or chr$(6).

To pack and unpack a single line, I use Split and Join which work so
incredibly fast they can be used within milliseconds over thousands of
strings.

As my rule of thumb, when I have a fixed number of columns, I make a
number of named one-dimensional arrays, one for each column. If the
number of columns is not known, I make a single one-dimensional array of
strings and split the columns as described above.

Regards
Rolf