[Gambas-user] dynamic created Menus

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Mon Feb 6 15:36:52 CET 2017

I think the good way is this one :-)

Public Sub AddMenuFromOutsideForm(hMenu As Menu)
Dim hMenuItem As Object
Dim hParent As Object = Object.Parent(hMenu)

        hMenuItem = New Menu(hMenu)
        hMenuItem = New Menu(hMenu)
        Object.Attach(hMenuItem, hParent, "mnu_this_dont_work")
        hMenuItem.Text = "this don't work"
        hMenuItem = New Menu(hMenu)
        Object.Attach(hMenuItem, hParent, "mnu_this_dont_work")
        hMenuItem.Text = "this also don't work'"

End

First find the class that handle menus events with object.parent on
the given menu container.

then attach the new menu events to the same class instance with object.attach.

> Salut,
>
> how can I use dynamic created Menus, when they are made outside the
> Form.
> I expanded an example from Gianluigi to show what I want.
> The problem is, the Click event is not fired, if the menu is not created
> in the forms class.

Fabien Bodard