[Gambas-user] Extracting fields from a Result

Doug Hutcheson owlbrudder at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 02:44:24 CET 2017

Hi everyone.
I have successfully connected to my PostgreSQL database and the field
count in the Result from my query is correct, but all my attempts to
extract data from the fields have failed. I am cobbling together code
from the wiki and from other posts here, but I am still missing
something.
The table I am reading from has exactly one row and 35 fields. The
first field is named txtMasterDatabase.
My code declares a Field and a Result as follows:          Dim $Field
As ResultField          Dim $Result As Result
The query works correctly:           $Query = "Select * From
abpa.tblParameters"           $Result = $Con.Exec($Query)
The field count is correct - 35:           Message("Fields count = " &
$Result.Fields.Count)
Now I try to loop through the fields in the result:           For Each
$Field In $Result.Fields            Message($Field.Name)           Next
The problem occurs on the For Each line in that the Basic IDE displays
an error at this point:	Unknown field: txtMasterDatabase in
FRMStart:41
As I said above, the first field in the tuple is named
txtMasterDatabase, so Gambas is at least seeing it. Why is it telling
me the field is unknown?
Thanks for any help and Happy New Year,Doug