[Gambas-user] linked project-files

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at Fen-Net.de
Sat Dec 2 12:36:19 CET 2017

Salut Benoît,

I work a lot with linked project-files in my projects, and often I want
to add or change something, but with linked files that's not possible,
they are read only.
So I had a look to the code of the IDE. With the Stat(file).Type=gb.link
the read only flag is set. Changing the path from the save procedure
(path is always <project>/src/file) with the Stat(file).Link path, fails
because the gambas3 commands can't use relative path nominations. So the
solution to make Linked Files saveable will be to change the relative
path from Stat(file).Link to a full path, that can be done with readlink
or realpath.I checked that and have now a IDE with r/w to linked files.
And that works well.
But perhaps there are other reasons why Links are read-only, are there ?

--
Amicalement
Charlie