[Gambas-user] Fwd: [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1155: DateBox control contains "Children" symbol

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Aug 29 02:25:10 CEST 2017

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1155: DateBox control contains "Children" symbol
Date : Tue, 29 Aug 2017 00:23:26 GMT
De : bugtracker at ...3416...
Pour : mourad.reggadi at ...626..., g4mba5 at ...626...

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1155&from=L21haW4-

Mourad REGGADI reported a new bug.

Summary
-------

DateBox control contains "Children" symbol

Type             : Bug
Priority         : Medium
Gambas version   : Unknown
Product          : Unknown

Description
-----------

First of all, thanks or this incredible programming language and for all the efforts you put to maintain it.

I updated to Gambas 3.10 lately (Linux Mint 17.3 rosa) : I had a piece of code looping into form's controls, testing if each control is a container, then if it is, looping again into sub controls recursively. So it was working quite good and as expected. Today i was using this piece of code and noticed that DateBox control contained a "Children" symbol, which was not the case before, so my code is identifying it as a container. I do not know if it is a new object design decision or maybe just a bug.

This is the piece of code i am using :

  Dim ChildClass As Class
  Dim ChildSymbol As String
  Dim ChildIsContainer As Boolean

  ChildClass = Object.Class(ctrl)
  ChildIsContainer = False

  For Each ChildSymbol In ChildClass.Symbols

    If ChildSymbol = "Children" Then

      ChildIsContainer = True

    Endif

  Next

If it is a new design choice, can you please tell me how i can achieve the same using something else, some other Gambas language feature ?

Many thanks.