[Gambas-user] Fwd: [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1146: wiki incorrectly points to wrong position on anchor click if there's a index implicit

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 28 22:14:29 CEST 2017

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1146: wiki incorrectly points to wrong position on anchor click if there's a index implicit
Date : Mon, 28 Aug 2017 20:13:15 GMT
De : bugtracker at ...3416...
Pour : adrien.prokopowicz at ...626..., mckaygerhard at ...626..., g4mba5 at ...1081....626...

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1146&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by Adrien PROKOPOWICZ:

Actually, I have the same issue on Opera 12.

The problem is that the anchor element is an inline element, and since the generated index is not full width, the anchor is on the same "line" than the index.
I don't think the anchor scroll position for an inline empty element is really defined (actually I haven't found the spec, if there is any), so I guess browsers just pick one : Bottom of the line for Chrome, Top of the line for Firefox/Opera.

The easy fix would just be to make them block elements, but that makes me wondering : why does the markdown create an empty anchor for titles ? Wouldn't it just be easier (and lighter on the HTML markup) to put an id on the title element ?