[Gambas-user] Thunderbird issue

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Mon Aug 28 21:01:15 CEST 2017

Am 28.08.2017 um 10:56 schrieb Rolf-Werner Eilert:

> Strange that you see this only now. I have had this problem for ages. On
> my main system, I work with Thunderbird 17, and it has shown this forever.

This could be a security problem.

> The problem arises when I get 2 mails from someone, one mail is with the
> personal adress and one Answer button only, the other one has Answer AND
> Answer to List. In most cases, the two mails appear in different fonts.
> So I am pretty much used to looking for the right one and clicking
> Answer To List.

I don't know if TB 17 did, but 45 did respect Reply-To which is usually
set by mailinglist software to the address of the ML. One could hit
Ctrl-R to send the answer to the ML.

Since V 52 TB answers to the sender if hit Ctrl-R and causes a lot of
trouble for users of mailinglists.

> As this has been going for years, I would not wonder anymore. The only
> thing that changed recently is that I now get mails with "mailing list
> for Gambas users" instead of the sender's name.

Maybe you should choose a newer TB.

:-)

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer