[Gambas-user] Switching to GitLab

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Fri Aug 25 15:03:55 CEST 2017

Le Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:09:48 +0200, Adrien Prokopowicz
<adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...> a écrit:

> Is Tobias working on this too ?
> I'm currently writing a guide here :
> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/contribute, but
> instead of making a masterclass on how git works, I directly describe
> how to contribute
> to the Gambas source code, so it is easier for newcomers.
>
> It's still work in progress (it's missing the "how to create a merge
> request", the
> commit log format description, and probably more), but this can help a
> little already.

Okay, I think the contributing guide is now complete. You can see it here :
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/contribute

When writing this guide, I assumed readers would know close to nothing
about Git,
but would still kinda know what Version Control Systems are in general.

I also didn't want to make a masterclass on what Git is, or how it works
internally.
There are much better resources elsewhere for this, this guide should be
restricted
to "How to get my code to the Gambas repo", but with some links sprinkled
here and
there, for those who want to learn more.

I would appreciate any remarks or criticism on this, from experienced Git
users,
but more importantly from newcomers who currently struggle with Git. :-)

Adrien Prokopowicz