[Gambas-user] Connect to and control LibreOffice

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Aug 22 12:41:34 CEST 2017

Le 22/08/2017 à 05:47, Doug Hutcheson a écrit :
> On the page http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/intro?nh is this
> information:
>
> Gambas is build on top of many free softwares, and could not exist
> without them.
> So I would like to thank every people involved in the following
> projects:
>   * Linux
>   * KDE
>   * GCC and all of the GNU tools, of course.
>   * The Qt toolkit.
>   * The GIMP and its toolkit GTK+.
>   * Libre Office.
>   * The MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite database management systems.
>   * And any other libraries used by Gambas.
>
> The reference to LibreOffice is interesting. Does it mean there are
> built-in 'hooks' into LibreOffice? I suppose that would be too much to
> hope for, but perhaps there is a 'bridge' between LO and Gambas? I need
> to update several LO spreadsheets in tandem with creating and
> maintaining a new PostgreSQL database storing the same data but in
> properly normalised tables.I cannot change the structure of the
> existing spreadsheets, so just uncompressing them and running search-
> and-replace processes is not quite good enough.
>
> Any pointers to help in this would be welcome, even if only to say I am
> wasting my time.    "8-)
> Kind regards,
> Doug

No, it just means that I used LibreOffice to write some presentation
files. :-)

When I want to create a LibreOffice file, I do the following:

- I create a "template" LibreOffice file that has the look of the final
file, and where the data I want to put is replaced by string patterns.

- I unzip the LibreOffice file.

- I modify the content.xml file by replacing the string patterns with
the final data.

- I zip the result, and I get my final LibreOffice file.

Benoît Minisini