[Gambas-user] Mailinglist

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Aug 20 20:34:46 CEST 2017

Le 20/08/2017 à 10:53, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :
> Am 19.08.2017 um 19:13 schrieb Benoît Minisini via Gambas-user:
>
>> So we must find:
>>
>> - Someone who can host the mailing-list and who has time to manage the
>> server.
>
> Our servers* are powerful servers running with Debian, mirrored by DRBD,
> backupped to another datacenter at night and used for shared hosting.
> There are hostmasters who manage the servers. The only thing I had to do
> would be configuring Mailman. This is done once and then it runs forever.
>
> Do you know the count of users and traffic of the Gambas ML?

I can't access the subscription interface of the mailing-lists anymore,
so I don't know exactly. About 500 users for the user mailing-list, far
less for the developer mailing-list. As for the number of mails, you can
see it on the mailing-list archives on SourceForge. It gives you the
number of mails by month. And maybe I will merge the developer and the
user mailing-list. One mailing-list to rule them all!

> One web-packet there costs 5€/month, has 1GB webspace and 10GB traffic
> included, I would have no problem to donate it to the Gambas community,
> but for sure there are better ways to finance it (maybe a Gambas
> Foundation, that is owner of the web-packet?).

You will tell me. There is 500 users ; each mails had a limit of 512 Kb;
there is about 300 mails by month ; most of the mails are... let's say
16 Kb. So: 16 x 300 x 500 ~= 2,4 Gb / month.

Benoît Minisini