[Gambas-user] More DBus queries - signals

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Sun Aug 20 16:38:53 CEST 2017

The wiki @ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/dbus#t9 says
"...
The name of the event must be the normalized name of the interface, followed by an underscore and the normalized name of the signal.
The signal is emitted to the D-Bus bus by using the DBusApplication.Raise method.
..."

for the last few days I've been raising DBus signals simply by calling something like:

  Event Message(text As String, origin As String)
  DBus.Raise(Me, "Message", [msg.Text, "Self"])

<Me> being a DBusObject child object
<"Message"> being the signal name as registered on the bus
<msg.Text> being the text parameter for the event as it is known inside the gambas code
<"Self"> being the origin parameter

This seems to be working fine. Am I doing something unsupported that is likely to disappear?

tia
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>