[Gambas-user] Git compilation report

Karl Reinl karl.reinl at ...9...
Fri Aug 18 21:41:23 CEST 2017

Am Freitag, den 18.08.2017, 21:34 +0200 schrieb Gianluigi:
> Hi Piccoro,
> you're telling me that you agree and that in the sequence of commands the
> only one that does not fit is:
>
> rm -rf gambasdevel/
>
> With the two 'cd' commands that become useless.
>
> But then all you said before, and that confused me? Why?
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

> cd gambasdevel
> sudo make uninstall
> cd
> rm -rf gambasdevel/
> git clone --depth=1 https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git gambasdevel
> cd gambasdevel
> ./reconf-all && LLVM_CONFIG=llvm-config-3.5 ./configure -C
> make && sudo make install

Salut Gianluigi;

I never worked with git, sure I not tried it, so that's pure theory
- you enter into your gambas3 source directory
- you delete all previous installed gambas3 parts
- you leave your gambas3 source directory
- you git clone all from GitLab to  gambasdevel (about 35 MB)
- you (re)enter into your gambas3 source directory
- you make all steps to compile gambas3 and install it

So is the way your script works.

That will be the right way the first time you get it (gambas3
source-code by git)

But next time, when you get changes, you should get only the changes.
Said: your way works, but there ist a shortcut.

If I right understood, that's the  'git pull' command.

so you way should be on theory :
- enter into your gambas3 source directory
- delete all previous installed gambas3 parts
- call git pull
- make all steps to compile gambas3 and install it

That should be faster then your way, I call 'only from scratch made'

But maybe I misunderstood  the 'git pull' command.

--
Amicalement
Charlie