[Gambas-user] Git compilation report

Fri Aug 18 17:05:16 CEST 2017

you should take in consideration that a pull fetch changes.. so i noted you
do a uninstall only after do the pull.. worng!

if the uninstall process was changed beetween pulls, your "uninstall" could
faild and let garbage in your system.. so the correction here its in your
case:

cd gambasdevel
sudo make uninstall
git fetch; git pull

and of course due you are in development version errors are at the order!,
so i must suggest a install controled way: in the debian case check this :

1) lest emulate a old revision of the git gambas: flork to my profile and
clone, and added some ignore files to property work

git clone https://gitlab.com/mckaygerhard/gambas.git gambasdevelcd gambasdevel
echo "debian" >> .gitignore
echo "archive.tar.*" >> .gitignore

IMPORTANT: must be cloned with ALL the revision history! nthothing of that
checks to avoid downloading ok!

2) lest now compile that old version etc etc (more easyle, i only put the
debian dir directly

wget https://gitlab.com/venenux/gambasex/repository/master/archive.tar.bz2tar
--strip-components 2 --wildcards --bzip2 -xvf archive.tar.bz2
gambasex-master*/exgambas/debian
debbuild -d

NOTE: I used "-d" to uncheck depends due i already has all the need and
want directly, but lest assume all the requirements are installed by distro

3) install the result in proper way

dpkg -i ../*.deb

4) at this point we have the git repository with some build garbage and
updated.. lest emulate a change in upstream:
go to gitlab->make a new archive->write someting->save

5) return to console and lest update the origin from upstream:

git fetch

git pull

IMPORTANT: i do "fetch" and then i do "pull"
6) now i recompile my new fashion innecesary change if i have already all
working due i want it!:

dpkg --purge ../*.debdebbuild -d

debuild cleans and recofigure again.. controsl external and internals..

the pull command only "fetch newer changes" and of course if you make a
change to "uninstall" script that are not in sync with older version..
could fail..
so you must uninstall fist berfore do the pull

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com