[Gambas-user] Gottit!

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Wed Aug 16 16:03:46 CEST 2017

So far anyway. ~-)

Aha!  So the Git is pretty stupid! (Which is what Torvalds said in the first place.)

Now I get it.  It's just a version controller (with added carrots).  And there I was looking for a 3 month learning curve, severe pain and high blood pressure.

Sheesh! Seven thousand lines of "pseudo man" pages later ... git help wtf? etc  I finally found this :
  Having a distributed architecture, Git is an example of a DVCS (hence Distributed Version Control System). Rather than have only one single     place for the full version history of the software as is common in once-popular version control systems like CVS or Subversion (also known as SVN), in Git, every developer's working copy of the code is also a repository that can contain the full history of all changes.

Hang on! DVCS? CVS?  Oh my blessed little red cotton socks! I remember them. (The anachronyms, not the socks - must look for them tomorrow.) They were werry, werry good at hunting wabbits  ... back in the day.

Bloody hell, the damn thing is just a CVS with big tits and those sparkly things on it (them). Ah .. the Pretzel ...

but now I must to bed. A'voir.

p.s. The only people who may be able to understand a word of this gibberish are obviously Australian,

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>