[Gambas-user] Switching to GitLab

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Sun Aug 13 15:19:05 CEST 2017

Le Sun, 13 Aug 2017 14:56:51 +0200, Gianluigi <bagonergi at ...626...> a
écrit:

> Hi Benoit,
>
> I apologize for ignorance but I have never used Git.
> To update the Trunk, what should I do now?
> To subscribe to the new ML?
> To report a bug?
> Write access is only for participating in the code, or?
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

I am currently writing a full guide for using Git(Lab) to contribute to
Gambas,
but if you just want to checkout the latest Gambas version in the
repository,
you can just do :

git clone https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git # Will create a new
"gambas" directory

And to update it later, just go in the created directory and do :

git pull

There is no new mailing-list to follow git commits for now, and the
bugtracker
hasn't moved.

Write access to the repository is only for Gambas developers and component
maintainers :
you do not need write access to contribute to the Gambas code anymore, you
can do it
through merge requests (the guide I'm writing covers what they are and how
to use them).

Of course, if you just want to get the source code, nothing is needed but
the two commands
above. :-)

--
Adrien Prokopowicz