[Gambas-user] Shell command

Tony Morehen tmorehen at ...3602...
Mon Aug 7 16:17:46 CEST 2017

Shane,

I can reproduce your crash here on 3.9.2.  It's cause is the line:

Settings["Options/stmDevice"] = ComboBox1.Current

If that line is changed to:

Settings["Options/stmDevice"] = ComboBox1.Current.Text

or the simpler, and in my mind preferred:

Settings["Options/stmDevice"] = ComboBox1.Text

The segmentation fault goes away.

So the code that I'd recommend you use (I commented the code changes):

Public sdevices As String

Public Sub SaveOps_Click()

   Settings["Options/CCompCLine"] = TextBox1.Text
'to fix the crash
   Settings["Options/stmDevice"] = ComboBox1.Text
   Settings.Save()
   Me.Close
End

Public Sub Form_Open()
  Dim d As String

    TextBox1.Text = Settings["Options/CCompCLine"]
    Shell "stm8flash -l" To sdevices
'  fill combobox with devices
'trim gets rid of the trailing "\n"
'moving Split into the loop saves an intermediate, unneeded string creation
    For Each d In Split(Trim(sdevices), " ", "", True)
      ComboBox1.Add(d)
    Next
'index = find selects the saved device
   ComboBox1.Index = ComboBox1.Find(Settings["Options/stmDevice"])
End