[Gambas-user] HttpClient not exposing redirect response codes

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Apr 25 19:26:41 CEST 2017

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017, T Lee Davidson wrote:
> I have run into a couple of sites that are responding with 301 (Moved
> Permanently) and 302 (Moved Temporarily) codes. However, HttpClient.Code
> yields "0" for both of those sites/codes (and HttpClient.Reason is empty).
> 200 & 404 codes are reported successfully.
>
> Have I missed something in the properties that is preventing proper disclosure of redirect response codes?
>
> Or is this a bug?
>
> (Project attached.)

I stumbled upon this too one time. Apparently my solution was to scan
HttpClient.Headers for the presence of a "Location: " header.

So what I'm saying is, I only have a workaround, no explanation. I think
it's a bug.

Regards,
Tobi