[Gambas-user] IDE extensions?

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Tue Sep 20 15:44:42 CEST 2016

Hello,

Am 17.09.2016 um 23:09 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> Would people be interested in some sort of IDE extensions?

Yes.

> The idea is making a dedicated tag in the software farm for IDE extensions.
>
> Then, once installed, the extension program is automatically detected by
> the IDE.
>
> Then a menu entry will be added in the IDE.
>
> When the user clicks on that menu entry, the extension program is run.
> It will receive the project path in its argument, and eventually other
> informations: the current edited file for example, or whatever else is
> needed.
>
> This is the principle.
>
> If anymone is interested in something like that, please tell.

I'm currently writing a project for unittesting for Gambas, it is
inspired from http://comunit.sourceforge.net/ and PHPUnit. I would like
to share it on GitHub and if the quality is ok and you agree, name it
"GUnit" or "GbUnit" or so and share it with the Gambas community.

At the moment I am unsure, whether to make a library or a component with it.

This could eventually be a nice candidate for an IDE extension. But I
would like to invoke it by keyboard shortcut, because it would be
something one uses nearly as often as "F5" if one does test driven
programming.

Also it could be an integrated part of the IDE (like profiling) because
it has to run inside the project it has to test. It could be a component
and if a project uses this component, the IDE could recognize it and
runs it by keyboard shortcut.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--