[Gambas-user] [CRASH REPORT] XmlElement.GetAttribute (gb.xml) segfault if the attribute is an empty string

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Tue Sep 13 13:27:41 CEST 2016

Hello,

Damned, my program crashed Gambas that way :

The segfault occurs when I attempt to get the value of the argname attribute thus:
hAD = New CArgDef
    With hAD
      .ShortName = hArg.Attributes["shortname"]
      .LongName = hArg.Attributes["longname"]
      .ArgName = hArg.Attributes["argname"]

This happens if an XMLElement has an attribute whose value is an empty string, for example :

<ArgDef desc="blah blah" longname="blah" argname="" />

The argname attribute won't parse and the segfault occurs.

I don't know whether such empty string attributes are "legal" in XML though.

hth
bruce

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>