[Gambas-user] R: Christmas gift

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Thu Sep 8 07:36:50 CEST 2016

Am 08.09.2016 um 00:30 schrieb Karl Reinl:
> Am Mittwoch, den 07.09.2016, 21:55 +0000 schrieb Ru Vuott:
>> ...I wish a thick manual/tutorial entitled:
>>
>> « Learning Gambas from its source codes. »
>>
>> or
>>
>> « Journey into the Gambas source codes. »
>>

>> Regards
>> vuott
>
> Salut,
>
> that manual/tutorial is delivered with each SVN - Download at
> <trunk>/app/src/gambas3/.src
>
> or you can download it from
> https://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/code/HEAD/tree/gambas/trunk/app/src/gambas3/

Yes, but one needs a while to understand, that classes and methods, that
are written in the wiki are explained in the source code of Gambas. Example:

http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb/enum

Is hardly understandable without the example below. Therefore I added it.

For me it lasted about a year or so, to understand that the Gambas
source code can explanation a lot. Before that I searched Google and
Mailinglists to understand how things should be done.

I never (as I remember) found any advice in gambaswiki.org to have a
look into the source code. For you it might be natural, for a beginner
it is not.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--