[Gambas-user] Christmas gift

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Sep 7 19:27:42 CEST 2016

On Wed, 07 Sep 2016, Tobias Boege wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Sep 2016, Moviga Technologies wrote:
> > For Christmas this year, I wish for a native RichText component for
> > Gambas 3.10! :)
> >

> Besides some extensions in the OOP department of the language or related
> syntactic sugar in the compiler, which I can never remember unless I'm
> confronted with their lack, I would like to have a component which lets
> you treat the various (compressed) archive formats in a way that's similar
> to the File & Directory functions [1-3] in Gambas, that is as if they were
> a file system.
>
> You better get to work Benoit. This list is not going to become shorter :-)

JFTR, I started such a component a year ago in my local copy of Gambas as it
seems. My main source file contains the remark that libarchive [1] may /not/
be a good library because it is stream-oriented, but I can't recall if there
were really any major drawbacks (in the incompatibility between the library's
stream-like interface and the Gambas object-based interface). Maybe I will
try again sometime.

Regards,
Tobi

[1] http://www.libarchive.org/