[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1013: gb.db.odbc new GetRecordCount mechanism seem not work with firebird database

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Thu Oct 13 19:59:15 CEST 2016

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1013&from=L21haW4-

Comment #5 by zxMarce:

I will create a FB DB in my machine and will test this.

Normally, as per the documentation, ODBC's SQLRowCount() only return a valid row count for INSERT and DELETE statements.
But Gambas does need a 'proper' row count. Therefore, I created the GetRecordCount().

What I noticed, but have no idea if it will affect the result, is that your query does not have a column.

Please try this query with both calls (SQLRowCount() and GetRecordCount()) to see if it makes a difference:

  SELECT current_date AS MyDate FROM RDB$DATABASE

Thanks.