[Gambas-user] gb.web.form: Preserve state of dialog window

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Nov 13 16:11:27 CET 2016

Le 13/11/2016 à 16:06, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2016, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Le 13/11/2016 à 15:39, Tobias Boege a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to have a dialog window (containing settings for the current
>>> session, say) which I want to show when the user clicks a button on some
>>> webform, with the following behaviour:
>>>
>>>  - the application should be usable while the window is visible,
>>>  - it should not be possible to have the window opened twice, and
>>>  - the controls in that window should retain their values after the
>>>    window was closed so that I can refer to these values from another
>>>    Webform and when the dialog is opened again, all controls are
>>>    properly initialised already with the settings the user left it with.
>>>
>>> Oddly, I can't do any of these, e.g. for point two above, I have a Webform2
>>> class (the dialog) and whenever I do
>>>
>>>   Webform2.Show()
>>>
>>> in Webform1, a new window is created containing a fresh instance of Webform2,
>>> regardless of whether Webform2 (which is Create Static) is already shown or
>>> not. I presume I misunderstand how gb.web.form works here? Is it possible to
>>> have a dialog such as above? (I'm currently running #7949.)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tobi
>>>

>> I think you need the Persistent property and a working Hide() method?
>>

> Yes, that may suffice. Would this Persistent property also solve the problem
> in the attached project: if I set a property in Webform2, it seems to just
> be discarded? Is that instance of Webform2 not managed by gb.web.form or
> something?
>
> More specifically in that project, I want that the contents of the TextArea
> on Webform2 are preserved across closing that window (and preferably across
> refreshing the page).
>
> In another matter: I'd also be a fan of being able to turn the title bar of
> a window off (without removing the capability to resize it), or rather to
> render my own title bar. That blue and the big icons don't match the design
> of my project very well.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

I found another bug: the static instance is not correctly kept between
requests.

At each request, all GUI object are re-created. But when one of them is
an automatic static instance, it is recreated as a normal instance.

Benoît Minisini