[Gambas-user] MediaPlayer bug with AboutToFinish and URL?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 3 13:45:09 CET 2016

Le 03/11/2016 à 12:02, Piper984 a écrit :
> Hi Benoît,
>
> Just a quick update: I tried running my sample application on a newly
> installed Ubuntu 16.04, and with my reference video clips and.... all is
> working as expected!  Thanks a ton!
>
> Of interest, and perhaps some source of issues: Some of the video clips I
> have for testing (Sintel and Big Buck Bunny trailers in .webm and .mp4) will
> not 'end' correctly and so the next video clip doesn't load.  *BUT* the
> actual video clips I want to use (h264 clips converted to MP4 via MP4Box)
> for my application do work.  gb.media plays them successfully, and when
> .NextURL is set from the AboutToFinish event then the next video clip is
> loaded and rendered gaplessly!  Huzzah!
>
> So: Thanks for helping with this Benoît.  I appreciate it, as I can dev my
> application in Gambas now and not Python/C++/Glade GTK tools.
>
> Best regards!

As I said, all that seems to heavily depend on which GStreamer version
you use. I just hope that things becomes more stable with new versions
of the library!

FYI, the next GStreamer version introduces (again) a new media player
plugin. So cross your fingers...

--
Benoît Minisini