[Gambas-user] Set timeout for Webview?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Mon May 2 22:44:58 CEST 2016

I am trying to fetch a web page through a private SOCKS5 proxy using Basic Authentication with:
   Try hWebView.Url = sUrl
   If Error Then Message.Error("Error retrieving page", "OK")

If the proxy is nonresponsive, the application just hangs, apparently doing nothing. Sometimes it will timeout after 120-some
seconds. But I get no error message, just an empty response. (HttpClient has a Timeout, but I cannot use that for this application.)

I see no timeout property for either WebView or WebSettings. Is it possible to set a timeout for WebView?

--
Lee